Montanita is located three hours north of Guayaquil along the coast of Ecuador, 1 hour north of Libertad-Salinas, and two and a half hours to the south of Manta.
- The bus transportation company CLP (Compania Libertad Peninsular) has three direct buses to Montanita. The cost is approximately $6. If you are not able to get on a direct bus, you may go to Santa Elena, where you may make a transfer to a bus going to Montanita. A taxi from Guayaquil to Montanita costs about $70.
- One way to get to Montanita from Quito is by going to Puerto Lopez (a city north of Montanita) and taking a bus south to Montanita.
- Another way to get to Montanita from Quito is to go to Guayaquil and do as explained above.
- You may also take a flight from Quito to Guayaquil (with several flights a day) or take a flight from Quito to Salinas (frequency of 3 days weekly).
You have to go first to Guayaquil (4 hrs) and then take a transportation to Montanita.
From the Exterior:
- It is convenient to book your flight with an arrival at Guayaquil being that it is the closest international airport to Montanita. It is convenient to take a taxi from the airport to the bus terminal even though they are quite close due to security reasons. (The taxi ride should cost about $3.)